Monday, March 17, 2008

Twitch revised

Alrighty, the spacing looks sort of right.
Comment away!




Twitch

I drink
         coffee. Go ahead,
Judge me. I am not a caffeine-a-holic, I am not
sleep-deprived, I am not looking for a
buzz.      But that doesn’t mean I don’t
            crave the jump,
want the energy, but not because I
            need it, I don’t
               need it to
         live, just to
            connect. I just
get it, get into the way the world
flows out of people to make explosions of
life with every foot that steps onto the ground
               faster.
Coffee is the taste of
               knowledge of
all things in one cup, of
         cities breathing and screaming
               buildings living like animals
                     smells that look like your first love
               sounds that are the sense of a tear falling and
         faces that are John and yet Xerxes and Oscar Wilde and they are
all in my coffee.          One
         sip and I cannot
            stop
                  thinking about these things, I
                     cannot help but
      see everything
            at once and by the
               time my
                     coffee is gone,
                        my eyes are
                              open.





3 comments:

Ankit said...

You're going to have to play with the CSS. If you don't want to deal with that, " " inserts a non-breaking space, which means it won't get deleted if you have more than one. So what you would do is, go to the Edit HTML tab, and insert a bunch of those on lines you want tabbed over.

If you do want to deal with CSS, then you'd also have to figure out a block type that doesn't add spacing on each side of the line. To that end, I'll point you to a handy CSS reference (http://www.w3schools.com/css/default.asp) and Google. You can also IM me at rageboy04 if you want better help, but trying to explain it on here would be a lot of work.

Ankit said...

that was apparently unhelpful because it converted the tag. What I said at the beginning was:
" " inserts a non-breaking space, which means it won't get deleted if you have more than one.

Jeremy L said...

I really like the way the line breaks work with the twitchy jittery feeling, and my guess is the formatting helps that even more. I'm sorry that I'm a bit undercritical of pieces, but I really like this, and the idea of needing something for reasons other than just addiction or the aftereffect.

Good luck with the formatting, it looks pretty complicated...