Thursday, May 04, 2006

New features

Update from your friendly neighborhood admin...

You can now display comments either on the same page (by clicking "2 comments" or whatever it says) or on a new page (by clicking "On a new page", duh).

Would people appreciate support for being able to "hide" large posts under a link? For example, let's say you posted a six-page piece. You would have the option to set it up so that, on the main Blog page, a viewer would just see a post saying "Here's my writing. Click here to see it," and when he or she clicked the link the content would "pop out" on the same page, kind of like comments do now. However, on the individual page for that post, the content would be shown by default. The basic idea is that, if lots of large pieces are posted, navigating the blog becomes difficult. This way people can show/hide long content as they choose. I think Livejournal has something similar to this.

It sounds nifty to me ... so let me know if you object, because I'm probably going to go ahead and implement it anyway just to see if I can.

4 comments:

Manisha said...

Sounds good. I say go ahead.

Ankit said...

I think that's a good idea too. And yes, livejournal does have one. lj-cuts. Question, is there an RSS feed for this?

Neil said...

I can set up RSS if you like, but it'll be a bit of a pain. Would an Atom feed work? We have one at: http://umwc.blogspot.com/atom.xml

Ankit said...

worked. thanks.