Sunday, June 18, 2006

Untitled Poem

So, I edited the poem. Please comment.

EDITED:
Left foot. Right,
and again. Stop.

In sight,
A flower; Purple.

Lift and view.
Beauty, Fragile.
Pain. from a thorn.

Drop it and see
Purple and Crimson.
Left behind.

Left foot. Right,
and again, again, again,
again, again...


OLD:
Left foot. Right,
and again. Stop.

A flower; Purple.

Pick it up.
Beauty, Fragile.
Pain. A thorn.

Drop the flower.
Purple, Crimson.

Left foot. Right,
and again, again, again...

4 comments:

Ankit said...

Hm. A little odd. Don't know if I like it, but that's not to say it's poorly written. I think it's interesting and kind of random. I like the ending.

Josh said...

I wasn't going for random necessarily, more of an observance of a particular event that struck me. This didn't literally happen, it's just how I felt at the time. The rigidity (if that's a word) of the poem is supposed to evoke or represent a certain mood.

I'd like to hear what more people have to say about it before I comment further.

Ankit said...

i meant more the form was kind of random. the events in the poem aren't that random. it kind of reminds me of your sunflower poem. it's kind of like, well i guess i just don't catch much of an actual form. i do think rigidity is a word btw.

Ankit said...

i like it better now. it flows better.